Posted on : 23-07-2021 | By : 4D Master | In : Singapore Malaysia 4D Articles
Free Ebook ($97 value) when you sign up!
Plus 7 day free prediction trial
No credit card required. Signup Now!
Maybe you recently caught a glimpse of the show Celebrity Poker Showdown and all of a sudden have an interest in playing poker. Knowing nothing about the game except that it is played with a standard deck of 52 cards, you are eager to learn more about playing poker. Well, there are a few steps you need to take to learn how to play poker, but not all of them can be learned in one sitting. Here are some of the steps to take, just like the next game you play:
1. Learn the basic poker rules- figure out how much the house will bet on the players in the game. Memorize the basic poker rules because you will have to play the game many times before knowing them all.
2. Know your poker hands- know what hand beats what other hand when starting the game. For example, you will have to know a pair, three of a kind, full house, and straight. Know the different poker hands, and you will be able to make better poker decisions most of the time.
3. Know your opponents- pay attention to the other players because you want to know what kind of hands they are playing. If there are many starting players, you can tell if it is going to be an easy game or not. If many people are experts, it means it will be harder to win.
4. Know yourself- pay attention to your own game because that will give you an idea of how you are doing. If you are playing badly, you should not keep betting money to try and improve your hand. Know when to stop and try to keep your profits and losses in check.
5. Know when to use a poker calculator- you need to know when to use a poker calculator to win the game. You can get these tools when you purchase a paid version of a poker odds calculator. They are just vital, and you will need to know how to use them. If you are using the free poker odds calculator, there may be some limitations.
6. Know which site to play on- you need to know the best poker sites out there and the most popular ones. Every site has its own advantages and disadvantages, so you should do some research before deciding.
7. Know your opponents – if you play online poker, you can never see your opponents. However, you can see the way your opponents are playing. If there is someone aggressive throughout the game, you can safely assume that is the person you will be playing against. Also, if there is a silent player throughout the game, you can safely assume that person is a tight player.
8. Know when you are beaten – some players continue playing for a “carry” on the belief that they are not beaten. No one likes being beaten, and yet poker is a game of weakness. Therefore, if you believe that you may be beaten, do not carry on playing. If you believe you can win the hand, then go out and bet aggressively.
9. Understand the Tournaments – you are not playing for instant money but poker skills. Therefore, you need time to learn the poker tournaments. Spending a lot of money does not necessarily lead to great poker knowledge. Therefore, you should select a tournament that suits your playing well.
10. Put your ego aside- the only way to win at poker is to put your ego aside. You are playing to win and to beat other players. The ego cannot win on its own.
These are some of the tips that are lead by poker tips. If you become an expert at any of the tips, please don’t stop. Instead, as your skills progress, you should start looking at the poker tip in a different light.